Mitie, the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, is building on its support for Britain’s efforts against coronavirus by providing services for a further seven Coronavirus Regional Testing Sites. The Centres are based across England and Wales at Ashford, Deeside, Ebbw Vale, Gloucester, Newbury, Ramsgate and Salisbury and are in addition to those located at Bournemouth, Inverness, Llandudno, Penrith and Perth.
As with the sites it currently supports, Mitie will be providing clinical waste management, security services, such as traffic management and lane support, as well as cleaning and catering for all employees based at the Centres. In total, Mitie will have around 900 colleagues working across the seven sites. With testing at the heart of the NHS Test and Trace service, Mitie will play a central role in supporting the UK’s coronavirus recovery strategy.
The opening dates for the sites were as follows:
- Beehive Park and Ride in Salisbury - 30 May 2020
- Hempstead Meadow in Gloucester - 5 June 2020
- Deeside Industrial Park in Deeside - 10 June 2020
- Victoria Road Car Park in Ashford - 12 June 2020
- Newbury Showground in Newbury - 14 June 2020
- Marine Colliery in Ebbw Vale - 30 June 2020
- Manston Airport in Ramsgate - 7 July 2020
In addition to the Regional Testing Centres, Mitie is providing a wide range of support to help the UK overcome the coronavirus pandemic. Mitie is supporting the NHS by delivering essential services at the Nightingale Hospital London, Ysbyty Calon y Ddraig, or Dragon’s Heart Hospital, in Cardiff and the NHS Seacole Centre, at Headley Court Surrey. The company is also helping keep Britain running by providing key services, such as cleaning, security and engineering, at critical sites across the country.
Simon Venn, Chief Government & Strategy Officer, Mitie, said:
“With testing at the centre of the government’s strategy to bring the UK out of lockdown, it’s a privilege to be opening more sites to support this important task. The rapid turnaround to get these centres up and running demonstrates the amazing things that can be achieved when public and private sector work together in a truly collaborative manner. We are so proud of all our frontline heroes who have worked hard to make this happen.”
Notes to editors
- In England and Wales, the NHS free testing service is available to everyone. In Scotland and Northern Ireland this is available to those aged 5 and over.
- Everyone with symptoms can book or order a test at uk/coronavirus. Essential workers and members of their households can access priority testing at GOV.UK. Those unable to access the internet can call 119 in England and Wales or 0300 303 2713 in Scotland and Northern Ireland to book a test
Founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company. It offers a range of services including Technical Services (Engineering Services, Energy, Water and Real Estate Services), Business Services (Security, Cleaning and Office Services) and Specialist Services (Care & Custody, Landscapes and Waste Management).
Mitie employs 47,500 people across the country, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and critical government strategic assets. It takes care of its customers’ people and buildings, by delivering the basics brilliantly and by deploying advanced technology. It is pioneering the Connected Workspace, using smart analytics to provide valuable insight and deliver efficiencies to create outstanding work environments for customers.
Find out more at www.mitie.com.